CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Trip Home

A Trip Home
I had heard about this place before but I have never been here. Groom, Texas is a small town of only 568 people. If you weren’t looking for this town you would drive by it without even noticing it. The one thing that you will notice and the reason I am here is because of the huge cross in the middle of a farm field. As I park my car and get out I notice all of the people that are here in awe of what we see.

“Can you believe how huge this cross is?” a local farmer by the name of Joe asked me.

“I had no idea it was so big. It is amazing. How long has it been here?” I asked him.

“Some local welders built it and installed it back in 1995,” he explained. “We take great pride in this cross and all the sculptures that are here with it. We really feel as if Jesus is here with us each and every day. We are able to reach so many people just out of simple curiosity of seeing the 2nd largest cross in the Western Hemisphere. When they arrive they don’t expect to see an empty tomb or the crosses on Calvary.”

“I can feel the presence of God, it is so wonderful. You can tell how much thought and care were put into the cross and all of these sculptures. I think that my favorite one is the one of Jesus holding the very tiny infant in his hands. It reminds me of the scripture tell us that God knew us before He formed us in our mother’s womb,” I told him. “By Him telling us this it proves that there are no mistakes and that everyone is made for a reason. “

“Well, I better get on back to cleaning the sculptures and getting those darn weeds outta here. You have a good day and enjoy your time here.”

“Thank you so very much.” I responded. As Joe was walking off all I can do is just sit and relish in the love I can feel from God as I sit here in complete and total comfort.

0 comments: