CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The not so perfect date

This date story is not quite based on a date as the notes say but once I started writing it just came out so I let it flow.



It was 7:30 and I was on my way out the door to pick up Elizabeth at her house. She only lived about ten minutes away. I was so nervous I could feel my heart beating out of my chest; I had no idea what to expect. This was the first time that I was taking someone out on a date that I had never seen in person. I met Elizabeth through a matchmaking website. I was not having any luck meeting women the “normal” ways of going out to the bars, church, or even the grocery store. I think I am a nice guy. I was raised in a good Christian home. My parents were high school sweethearts and have been married for 38 years. I am 5’10” so I am not too short or too tall. I have a few extra pounds but that is just for extra comfort when cuddling. I have always thought that there is a Mr. or Mrs. Right out there for everyone it is just a matter of when and where they meet them. At the age of 35 I was beginning to wonder if there was someone out there for me; I was getting to the point that if this didn’t work with Elizabeth that I was destined to be single the rest of my life.
I finally arrived at Elizabeth’s house around 7:45 and my hands were practically dripping with sweat. I quickly walked up the front path and eagerly knocked on the front door. Thoughts started racing through my head: would she like me? Am I dressed okay? Will she like my hair? Will she like my jokes or will I sound like a total idiot to her? I quickly snapped myself out of this negative self talk and told myself that we were going to have a very enjoyable evening.
Finally, a beautiful young woman answered the door. She told me that Elizabeth was just finishing getting ready and she would be down in a minute. As I sat on the couch waiting for Elizabeth to come down I remembered the pictures that Elizabeth had posted on her website. She had gorgeous auburn hair and the biggest clear blue eyes that I had ever seen. She had a beautiful olive complexion with just the perfect tan. Her smile looked as though it would light up a room; it definitely made my heart skip a beat when I would look at her picture.
I heard a commotion coming from the top of the stairs, I looked and it was Elizabeth looking as gorgeous in person as she did in her pictures. I was in absolute heaven; this could really be my dream girl. We went to eat at my favorite restaurant, Abuelo’s. The atmosphere was perfect, there was a mariachi band playing in the background, the candles on the table were glistening and dancing as if they were performing just for us. The dinner was absolutely wonderful, I had the beef fajitas and Elizabeth had the cheese enchiladas and then we shared dessert. The conversation never stopped, we were laughing at each other’s jokes and feeling very relaxed with each other.
When dinner was over Elizabeth invited me over for drinks and I couldn’t refuse, I wanted this date to go on all night. We quickly left the restaurant and went straight to her house. Elizabeth went to the wet bar and fixed us both a drink of gin and tonic. As we sat and talked, it seemed like I had known her forever. The more we talked the closer we were moving to each other. Finally, I went in for the kiss and it was just as beautiful and wonderful as she was. This was too good to be true. She took me upstairs to her room so we could have some privacy. When we made it to her room the lights went off and she laid me down on the bed and began kissing and caressing me. This was so awesome, I was finally going to lose my virginity. No one had ever gone this far with me before! Then, it hit me, or should I say, it rubbed up against me. Last I checked I was the only dude in the room. I quickly turned on the lamp by the bed to see a man straddleing me. I have never moved so quick in my life, I pushed him off and grabbed my clothes. I jumped in my car and hauled my butt home. I went straight to the shower and scrubbed my body clean. I could not believe that my dream date was a man!!! Never again will I meet someone on the internet. It is back to the supermarket I go to find my dream woman, in the produce isle.

0 comments: