CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 13, 2008

First Person Experience

It was 5:00 a.m. and I woke up anxious and completely nervous. Yesterday I went to the store to purchase an EPT test. “I really hope that this turns out negative,” I thought to myself. I already had one son that was two years old; was I ready to be a single mom of two? I went to the bathroom and took the pregnancy test. They say that you should see positive results within two-five minutes; I had positive results in less than 30 seconds. All I could do was stand there in total shock, I had no idea what I was going to tell my mom or Chris (whom I now refer to as “Donor”).


On my way to work I decided to call Chris and let him know the news. I had no idea what he was going to say. I was so nervous and scared to call him. “Hello?” his dad answered the phone.
“Tony, can I speak to Chris, please?” I asked him.

“Hold on a minute, he said. He sat the phone down and went to wake up Chris; after all it was only 6:00 in the morning. Talk about a way to get woken up.

“Hello,” Chris said half awake and half asleep.

“Chris, I have something to tell you. I’m pregnant.” I blurted out. By this time I was in tears because I was so full of emotions I didn’t know what else to do.

“Don’t cry,” he said, “We will figure something out. Come over after you get off of work.”

“Okay, I will talk to you later.” I said as I tried to quit crying so I wouldn’t look like a total disaster when I got to work. Now, my next step is to call my mom and let her know the news. I decided that I would call her at lunch and tell her.

The morning drug about as slow as it could. Finally, the dreaded time had come. I had to call my mom and let her know what has happened.

I first decided I better get something to eat and then give her a call. I grabbed a quick bite in the cafeteria and sat down with my friend for moral support.

“Here goes nothing. Hopefully she won’t be to upset,” I told my friend.

“Hello,” my mom answered.

“Hi mom. How are you doing?” I asked trying to create small talk and stall as much as possible.

“I’m doing good, what’s up?” she asked me. I could tell by the sound in her voice that she knew something was up.

“Well, I have something to tell you,” I started, I was so nervous my legs and hands were shaking like crazy. “I’m pregnant.”

My mom was not a fan of Chris’s so I was kind of scared to find out what she was going to say.

“Well, I am not surprised.” She said. “I thought that you were going to tell me that you had gotten fired.”

At that point I don’t know if she was relieved to know that I wasn’t fired or if she was hoping that I had told her I was fired. All I know is that I was finally glad to tell her and get it off of my chest.

0 comments: